Monday, October 10, 2011

Blankets, Titis and Three Year Olds


A little longer between blogs than I would like, however, the puppies are moving and active and have visitors.  So, they come before the blogs.  Here are some repeated pictures from the last blog hopefully they will open, I heard not all pictures opened on the last blog.

What is new?  Eyes are all open, ears are beginning to work so we will be doing at home hearing tests to let us know before official BAER testing what to expect.

Big brother, Henry, is kind of hilarious around puppies, cause he is so nosey about what is happening.  However, if the puppy he is looking at and kissing happens to make noise or move Henry jumps and backs away uncertain of what to expect next.  He has tried to get in the enclosure multiple times, but only succeeded this morning and Carly looked at him then gave me a look like I wasn't doing my job right, and boy was she right about that.  He is loving the attention of visitors who take the time and to love on him, otherwise he is getting lots of love and pets and treats (as long as he follows most commands) for me.  Currently he is crashed by me, so anyone that questions if Henry can calm down it has been 30 minutes and he has been asleep while I blog and facebook.

So back to the puppies, the neighborhood three year olds, Jilly, Kia-Kia and B-Rock, were here yesterday along with Grant and Kendra.  They all held puppies while Carly tried to sit on the couch or anyone who has a willing lap.  The three year olds are gentle for the most part, sitting on the couch and cuddling puppies until they slept.  I got "Twinkle Little Little Star" sung to me in exchange for the 'green' puppy (aka Schofield) and her titi (blanket).  The neighbor's 15 year old boy, Grant, loves holding as many puppies as he can, under the watchful eye of his 3 year old sister, Jilly, who pointed at him yesterday and told him "Be Gentle!" 

The puppies are barking, yapping, growling and a few have even started "talking" to you much like Carly does.  They all seem to have really sweet personalities with a little spunk thrown in for a good time.  Wesson the red boy, is very attached to Carly, I often wake up to find him cuddled with her and when she goes outside to go to the bathroom, he yaps more than the others.  He also is dependent on his litter mates more than they are on him and each other.  Winnie (purple) seemed like the leader and she could still be however, no one is really quite obviously in charge yet, especially not me!

Besides children, Carly's breeders/co-owners Jon and Karen Whyte came by Thursday and saw the litter and will continue to come by and get to know the litter.  My friends Chad and Cara brought their daughter (six months) Isla to visit and she kissed a couple puppies.  My little sister and her boyfriend brought my adorable nephew, Zaney Brainy, over to see the pups and stayed to hang out with my friends. My best friend and her husband, Mallory and Jared, brought their boys Collin and Eli to visit, her boys have always done well with holding little animals, they will probably enjoy them more in a week or two when the puppies want to play.  And of course, Jaime (friend who is making blankets and helping with all the little things I think of) likes to hold them in their blankets usually, while knitting or crocheting (I forgot which, always do) the next blanket.


Wesson on his blanket

Lady Browning/Pound on her blanket

Schofield and her blanket








No comments:

Post a Comment